Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Is Twitter Really Worth 10,000,000,000?

Take a look at this article I found which talks about a recent rumor that Twitter was going to be bought by Google for $10bn. The CEO of Twitter Dick Costolo has dismissed the rumor and talked about where Twitters revenue comes from and the plans for expansion. I suggest everyone to take a look. It surprised me because I didn't realize Twitter was this large, I thought it was just a vehicle for celebrities, musicians, and athletes to get their thoughts out. Enjoy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12462653

2 comments:

  1. someone mentioned on thursday that twitter wasn't making money yet. seems very difficult to have a 10bn dollar offer and be associated with making no money. am I missing something? has over 10bn been put into the development of twitter? I am not on the twitter train so twitter information I receive is all news to me.

    ReplyDelete